I was nominated for the Siblinghood of the World Bloggers award by Sarah over on smitchjack. The idea behind it is to answer 10 questions from the person who nominated you, and ask 10 new questions to 10 people you choose to nominate.
Here are the answers to the questions I was asked:
1. What is your favorite breakfast?
Hmm. I love chocolate chip pancakes with whipped cream, strawberries, and blueberries.
2. What is the shortest piece you have written?
A flash fiction piece. I actually posted it on the blog (you can see it here).
3. What made you decide to start blogging?
I’m not really sure. I have always wanted to start a blog (I’ve started a few before, but never stuck with them), and after watching (sorry, binging) Awkward, I decided to go for it again.
4. What is your desk like? (If you don’t have one than tell me about your writing space)
I do have a desk, but I don’t write at it. Instead, I put my journals and notebooks inside, and my computer on top. When I write I hold my computer on my lap and find somewhere comfortable to sit.
5. Who or what inspires you to write?
I don’t think my inspiration comes from just one source. I get ideas for writing from many different things, but usually they come to me during car rides, when I’m thinking about past events in my life and my mind wonders into the “what-ifs”.
6. If it weren’t for social media, how many other writers would you know?
Only one or two. I meet most of my writer friends on social media (thank you twitter).
7. What do you read?
Oh man, I read pretty much everything. There are some genres I don’t go near, but for the most part if the description on the back/dust cover looks good, I’ll read it.
8. If you didn’t write, what would you do instead with the time?
Honestly it would probably bee spent on Netflix. I watch wayyyyy to many movies and TV shows.
9. What do you tell your family about your writing when you are working on something?
Everything about it. My older brother and I love talking about my plot lines, and he helps me come up with ideas. He also reads everything right after I write it, and gives me feedback. My one-younger brother also reads everything right after I write it, and is always asking me when the next “update” is going to come. My youngest brother asks me about it, but isn’t much of a reader. My dad isn’t much of a reader either, so we never really talk about my writing.
10. What is your favorite word and why?
My favorite word is definitely “dilemma”. It’s been my favorite word since the sixth grade, mostly because it has my name in it.
Now to nominate 10 bloggers:
- Kelly from Bright Book
- K J Chapman from kj86chapman
- Bunnita from Worth Reading It
- Universe Notebook
- Simon from Universe of Possibility
- Jade from Scatter Booker
- Sammie from Dreaming Writer
- Caitlyn from Ink Witch
- Sarah and Sophie from Contemporary Corner
- Rawls E.
Here are my questions for you:
- What is your favorite weekend activity?
- If you could meet anyone (alive or dead), who would it be and why?
- Are you a cat person or dog person?
- What is something you can’t live without?
- What do you waste the most time doing?
- What is something you used to hate but now love?
- Do you have any pets? If so, tell me a bit about them.
- In your opinion, what is the grossest thing in the world?
- What is one weird habit you have?
- What is something you think the world should know?