A few weeks ago, Jillian over at Rant and Rave about Books proposed a Book Blogger Blind Date. Basically what that means is book bloggers could be signed up (via google docs form) and then based on the answers we gave, she would pair us up to do interviews with each other and get to know each other.
I happed to love the idea, so I signed up!
I got paired with a wonderful blogger named Ashley. She blogs at Inside my Minds. We decided to ask each other some random questions that require some thinking to answer. Over all we had a great time! Below are the questions I asked and her answers!
Q: How do you choose new books to read? What is the strangest way you have found a book you love?
A: I watch a lot of BookTube and from those videos if I see a book that seems interesting, I’ll go to the Barnes and Noble website and read the synopsis. I’ll also look up the ratings and read reviews on Goodreads. I know this might seem like a boring answer, but I haven’t found any books that I love in strange ways.
Q: Do you prefer hard copy books or eBooks? How strongly do you feel about your preference?
A: I’m 50/50 when it comes to hard copies and eBooks. I love how hardcovers and paperbacks feel in my hands, but I love the convenience of my Nook. For a really long time I was reluctant to get an eReader, however now that I have one, I really love it.
Q: If you could assemble a team of 3 book characters to be stranded on an island with, who would they be and why?
A: Harry, Luna and Hermione because Harry and Luna have the DATD skills and Hermione has the book smarts. Plus, Harry can always summon his broom too!
Q: If you were the main character in a book, what kind of book would it be and what challenges would you face?
A: It’s a toss up between Harry Potter and The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. I would want to face the same things the main characters did, just to experience them for myself.
Q: What would you do if you found out that you are actually a character in a book and our reality isn’t real?
A: I’ve been mulling over this question for a while, and this is one question that I don’t have an answer for.
Ashley also gave me a short list of random facts about herself! Here they are:
- I’m a Bostonian
- Baseball is my favorite sport to watch
- The Red Sox are my favorite team
- I did gymnastics for eight years, and competed for six and a half
- My favorite book to movie adaptations are Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings
- I’m definitely a PotterHead
- I’m part Greek and yes I know how to make Baklava
- I’ve always been a reader
- I still shop in the kids department and I’m 28 years old, but I’m also 4’11…
- I love yoga and I use the Fit Star Yoga app
- Lilacs are my favorite flower
- I come from a big family so I’m family orientated
- I’m lactose intolerant, and yes I can still have some dairy
- The MLB All-Star Game is my favorite to watch, because the outcome of the game actually means something.
- I don’t eat seafood
I want to thank Jillian again for organizing such a fun event! I had a great time getting to know Ashley, and I hope we can do it again some day!
Head on over to Ashley’s blog, Inside my Heads, to check out my interview!