I got the idea to host a Round Robin from Sarah over at SWB. If you don’t know who she is, here is her blog! You should definitely go check it out!
First of all: What is a Round Robin?
A Round Robin is a kind of book-exchange-chain. Here is how it works:
- Pick one of your favorite books (you know, the one that always comes to your mind when someone asks for a book recommendation).
- You don’t have to, but I’d recommend getting a new copy of the book!!
- In the front cover/first page, write a little note explaining why you chose that book.
- Re-read/skim your book, highlighting or annotating as you go along. There is no min or max to how much you should do. Just whatever feels right.
- Send your book to the next person in the circle.
- You’ll receive a book, and you’ll have 2-3 weeks to read and annotate it.
- Then send that book to the next person.
- Repeat until you get your original book back… full of comments!
And there you have it!
Why should I participate?
Okay, I get it. There are probably a bunch of reasons why you don’t want to do this. HAHA JK if you are anything like me you are skipping over this part looking for where to sign up already!
But, just in case you are having some second thoughts, here are some reasons you should join:
- YOU GET TO SHARE YOUR FAVORITE BOOK WITH A BUNCH OF PEOPLE!!!!
- Then you can TALK ABOUT YOUR FAVOTIRE BOOK WITH A BUNCH OF PEOPLE!!!!
- Just saying
- Also you have a legit reason to re-read your favorite book.
- Then, at the end, you will have a super-cool-unique-copy of said favorite book.
- And this copy will bring you joy and happiness until the end of your days.
- You’ll get to meet some other book-lovers and read their favorite books, too
- IT’S GONNA BE SUPER FUN GUYS!!
Also, just in case you are worried about writing in a book:
- Don’t be
- Wow, I just realized that wasn’t helpful at all…. oops
- But seriously, that’s why I suggested getting a new copy
- Then you could have one with no writing, and one with
- It’s gonna be cool. Super cool
Sign Me Up!
Yay! If you have made it this far into the post, I’m going to go ahead and assume that you are going to take part. I have one more thing to say, if that is the case:
- You are awesome
And if you’re still on the fence:
- You are still awesome, but you could be more awesome (how? by joining of course)
Okay, so before I tell you how to sign up, here are some facts you need to know (eligibility and all that jazz)
- YOU MUST BE IN THE USA. This is not because I want to exclude people. It’s because shipping overseas is super expensive, especially when it is going to be on a semi-regular basis.
- You have to be willing to read whatever book comes in the mail, and annotate it. If you absolutely can’t stand it, that’s completely fine. Just put that in your annotation (ex: Stopping here because this book isn’t for me.)
- You have to be able to read and send each book on time. A few days late? No problem. A week? Bigger problem. This also means having the $3-4 to pay media mail shipping every few weeks.
- You have to be reachable by email!!!
So now for the part you have all been waiting for. Ladies and gentlemen, DRUM ROLL PLEASE *slaps legs until they are red* here is how to sign up:
- follow this link and fill out the google form: https://docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSeprGjRiu3eG0ZOvZq4kF_TRWrDtsuvF-rP92lDcUVGm1yptw/viewform?usp=sf_link
- That’s all there is to it.
Registration is running from July 12-16, and I hope to have the first book being sent out in the first week or two of August.
I signed up. Now what?
- Be happy! You just joined a super exciting Round Robin!
- Tell all your book loving friends and get them to sign up too. The more, the merrier!
- Check your email (and spam folder) in the days after you sign up for an email from me. It will have additional instructions and the address to send your books to!
- Read, annotate, and spread the love!
Feel free to leave a comment with any questions, or just to tell me how excited you are to join!