Guy’s I’m feeling the love!!! I am seriously overwhelmed by the award nominations I have been receiving recently, and I can’t thank you guys (other bloggers and readers) for supporting me and Keystroke Blog!
This post is probably going to be a little longer than usual (considering I’m putting 3 different awards in it) but bear with me! I’ll try to make this as fun as possible. Let’s get started!!
The Blogger Recognition Award
I was nominated for this by Jordan @ The Heart of a Book Blogger , Lauren @ Comma Hangover, and by Darque Dreamer Reads. They are all such amazing bloggers and I definitely suggest checking them out if you don’t follow them already!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select a few other bloggers you want to give this award to
How my blog was started:
I’ve always loved to read and write. About two years ago I stumbled onto a book blog while looking for some recommendations, and immediately fell in love with the community and the idea of being able to share my love for books with other people.
About a week later, Keystroke Blog was up and running!
Advice for new bloggers:
Interact with the community!!!
That is the most important thing you can do. That is why we are all here: to share our love for books. The more you put yourself out there with your commenting and blog hopping and social media, the more connections you will be able to make, and the larger presence you will have in the community!
The Sunshine Blogger Award
Sarah @ The Clever Reader and Sydney @ Sydney’s Shelves nominated me for this one!! Both of their blogs are amazing, and I love reading their posts (you will too!! Go check them out!!).
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator has given you.
- Nominate a few other people and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- List the rules and display the award
Sarah’s questions for me:
1. What is your favorite cover so far this year?
Black Bird of the Gallows by Meg Kassel! I’m also just dying to read this book in general. It sounds SO GOOD!!! (check it out on goodreads here)
2. Do you enjoy Audiobooks or Physical/eBooks better?
I like Audiobooks and Physical books, but not eBooks. Something about reading on a screen just really bugs me. I need to either hold a physical book in my hands or listen to it.
3. What is your 2017 reading goal?
My goodreads goal was to read one book a week, so 52 books this year. But I’m already at 71 books, and half way though another 2, so at this point I don’t really have any goals.
4. What is your favorite genre of YA?
Probably fantasy. But it’s really hard to choose because I like so many different genres!!!!
5. If you could live in a book world which one would it be?
There are so many but I feel like I wouldn’t last a day in any of them. I’d be the body that the characters stumble on.
Although I have to admit that being able to use magic would be awesome. Sooooo… anywhere with a lot of magic and not a lot of people trying to kill me?
6. Who’s your book boyfriend/girlfriend?
Cas from Anna Dressed in Blood!! I love him!!!
7. What is your favorite mystical creature?
GAHHHHH there are so many amazing ones though!!!!
I like Fae, but also they are kind of terrifying. Honestly I think I’m going to go with whatever Betty was in the Percy Jackson books (some kind of mythical sea-cow?). Oooh oooh or the sea-horse things that Percy rides in the water.
Okay really any of the nice creatures from Percy Jackson. Or a nice dragon.
8. If you could meet any author who would it be?
Just one? Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Kendare Blake? Sarah J. Maas? Jared Reck? Sarah Beard? Laura Silverman? Rick Riordan?
There are just too many amazing authors out there for me to pick one!
9. What is your anticipated read for the rest of this year?
Kind of answered this one above… but it’s totally Black Bird of the Gallows!
10. If you could have any power what would it be and why?
Uhhhhhh probably the ability to fly. That would be super awesome!
11. What book in the Harry Potter series is your favorite?
So many hard questions!!
Probably the first one, because it is the book that started it all!!
Sydney’s questions for me:
1. What are some of your favorite movies?
Just Go With It, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, and A New Hope.
2. Do you watch adult cartoons? If so, what are some of your favorites?
Not regularly, but I love Archer!!
3. What is a weird bookish habit you have?
I have a hard time reading when other people are in the room (with the exception of my immediate family). I don’t know why… but I do.
4. How do you keep track of your thoughts when reading a book? Like for reviews and such.
I don’t really do anything special. I just finish a book and then write the review!
5. Do you have bookish merch? What are some of your favorite shops? And do you use the stuff you buy?
I don’t buy a lot of merch, but when I do, it’s off Etsy!!
6. Favorite beverage. For reading or for just life?
Pina Colada when I’m on the beach or by the pool (to sip while reading a book, of course).
Coffee in the morning because I would probably die at this point without it (also while reading a book).
Water always because water is life.
7. What distracts you the most from reading?
When other people are around. I always feel like I’m being watched….
Or when I have my phone near me.
8. Best book you read in the past three months?
Ahhh that’s a hard one because I’ve read so many amazing books!!
But I did just read the Throne of Glass Series and they were all five star reads for me, so probably those (I can’t choose one of them though!).
9. What are some of your favorite foods/meals?
My all-time favorite food is Pizza Potatoes. Basically it’s baked or mashed potatoes with red sauce and cheese on it.
10. What are some fictional characters you wish you were friends with?
Another super hard question!!!
I actually made a list of characters that I would want to be best friends with, so you can see that here if you want! My answers are probably still the same.
11. What are 5 things you are grateful for?
- My brothers
- My best friend
- Books and authors
- The book blogging community
- Everyone who reads my blog!
I actually nominated a bunch of people for this quite recently, so I’m not going to nominate any more… but you can check out those nominations here!
The Awesome Blogger Award
I was nominated for this last award by Aria @ Snow White Hates Apples! Her blog is yet another that I love, and like the others, you should totally check it out!
The reason for this award:
This is an award for the absolutely wonderful writers all across the blogging world. They have beautiful blogs, are kind and lovely, and always find a way to add happiness and laughter to the lives of their readers. That is what truly defines an awesome blogger.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Include the reason behind the award.
- Answer the questions your nominator gave you.
- Nominate some awesome bloggers.
- Give your nominees 10 new questions to answer.
The questions for me:
1. Favorite quote from a book?
The world will be saved and remade by the dreamers – Sarah J. Maas
I actually just got a tote bag from Society6 with this quote on it! Check out the artwork here!
2. Best plot twist(s) of all time?
Off the top of my head? Ahhhhh….
A Short History of the Girl Next Door by Jared Reck
Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard
3. Favorite classic that few know about?
Ummm I don’t really read as many classics as I should, so I don’t really know any that “few” know about….
4. If you can only read poetry or plays for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
Probably plays? Idk, that’s a hard one.
5. A character the majority loves but you don’t?
I don’t know about “the majority”, but I really, really hate Jay from The Great Gatsby. I think he is just a terrible person. I did love the book though!
6. Literary trope(s) that you like best?
For some reason I really like the mistaken identities trope. If you don’t know what I mean… these books have it:
- Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett
- Letters to the Lost by Brigid Kemmerer
- P.S. I Like You by Kasie West
7. How do you pick your next read?
Honestly I’m a mood reader, so whatever calls to me!
8. A book character that’s the most like you?
That’s a tough one… I feel like I’m a lot like Hermione (from Harry Potter….).
9. Do you read multiple books at the same time or do you stick to one until you’re done?
I read anywhere between 2-5 books at a time. I usually read a few hard copies and work through an audiobook at the same time.
10. A book you’d like a movie/TV adaptation for?
Anna Dressed in Blood!!!! It was going to happen and then it didn’t?! Broke my heart. But maybe it’s for the best….
Questions for my nominees:
- What’s your favorite food?
- Do you eat while you read?
- Coffee or tea?
- Where is your favorite place to read?
- Do you have any pets? (If yes can you share some pictures?)
- Do you like hot or cold weather?
- What is your favorite genre of books?
- What is the first thing that comes to mind when I say “magic”?
- Dragons or Unicorns?
- What book do you force on anyone who listens to your opinions?
You’ve made it to the end! Yay! I had a lot of fun answering those questions, and hopefully you had some fun reading them too!
I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone who follows and reads my blog. It really means the world to me!
Thanks for reading!!