Lindsay @ Singer of Stories did this tag, and seeing as I apparently like to torture myself via impossible decisions, I have decided to do it too! So without further ado, let the hard choices begin!
1. You have to get rid of all of your books and you can only keep one from each of these genres: contemporary, fantasy, non-fiction, and one other genre of your choosing. What books do you keep?
Ha. Haha. Hahaha. My brain is melting. Already.
Contemporary:The Anatomical Shape of a Heart by Jenn Bennett
Fantasy:Throne of Glass (series please? Is there a version all wrapped into one huge volume?) by Sarah J. Maas
Non-Fiction: Okay, so I actually don’t read/like a lot of non-fiction so this wouldn’t be the hardest loss. (And on that note, if you have any good non-fic recs for me, I am obviously in desperate need) One other genre:But there are so many more books I want to saveeeee. Moooommmmmm!!!!!!Maybe Ruby Red or Stalking Jack the Ripper ???? I can’t choose!
2. You’re at the bookstore and you hear a teenager telling their mom they don’t like to read, but their mom insists they pick something. You walk over and recommend a book you think is great for people who aren’t big on reading – what book is it?
3. You’re not feeling yourself and need a pick me up. Which book do you read to put yourself in a great mood?
The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury. This book is so magical and swoon worthy and never fails to make me feel good!
4. You go back in time for a day to your teenage years. What book would you most likely have caught yourself reading?
But I’m still 18 so that counts as a teenager, right? Okay, if I could go back to being 14, you would probably find me reading the Gallagher Girls books by Ally Carter. I loved those books so much!
5. Your friend surprises you with a 4 day trip and you have 1 hour to pack. Which book do you bring to read on the way?
I’d bring Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas, just because I’m in the middle of it right now.
But honestly, if I were surprised by a 4 day trip, I don’t think me and my friends would be doing that much reading…
6. Your house has been robbed! Don’t worry – everyone is safe, but your bookshelf has been raided. What’s the book you really hope is safe?
I don’t really have a good answer for this one, because I don’t really collect any books. I have some ARCs, but if they got stolen I’d be fine with replacing them with finished copies.
7. Your friend borrows a book and returns it in awful condition. Do you a) Just pretend you haven’t noticed b) Ask them to repurchase it or c) Secretly do the same to something of theirs.
OMG they would never hear the end of it. All of my friends (and family) know how careful I am with my books, and literally before I lend any books out I make sure the person knows exactly how I want my book back. If that didn’t happen and it came back in terrible condition, they would definitely be replacing it.
Whelp that was tough. Think you want to answer these? Well then, consider yourself tagged!
Thanks for reading!